Year 7 mainstream enrolment
For students in Year 6 in a Government Primary School
- Tuesday 18 April 2017 - Primary schools distribute Application letters to parents.
- Friday 12 May 2017 - Last date for parents to return Application for Enrolment Year 7 2018 to their Primary School
- Wednesday 9 August 2017 - Parents notified of results of placement applications
- Friday 18 August 2017 - Closing date for parents to lodge non-placement appeals with secondary schools/ Regional Director.
- Tuesday 12 December 2017 - Orientation Day for Year 7 in 2018.
Parents are required to complete the Application for Enrolment, Year 7 (distributed by Primary Schools) and return it to the Principal of the Government Primary School by Friday 12 May 2017. This form serves to ‘track’ the progress of a student’s application in accordance with the expression of preference (priority) listed on the form.
Parents who place The University High School as their first preference must also complete The University High School Application Form. Either collect a form at Open Day on Thursday 27 April 2017 or visit the General Office to collect the form after May 1st 2017.
The University High School Application Form must be returned directly to The University High School by Friday 9 June 2017. Only ONE copy of the Application form needs to be submitted for each student.
Applications will be processed using the Application for Enrolment and The University High School Application Form. Primary schools are responsible for monitoring the placement of each of their students into a secondary school. The Principals of Government Primary Schools will inform parents directly of the outcome in August. The University High School is not permitted to discuss outcomes with anyone before this date in accordance with Department policy.
For students in a Catholic Primary School and other Independent Primary Schools
Parents can apply for a place for their child at The University High School by completing The University High School Application Form and returning it to The University High School by Friday 9 June 2017.
The University High School Application Form will be available directly from The University High School. Either phone 9347 2022 or visit the General Office to collect the form.
Selection criteria for Year 7 mainstream applications
- Students for whom the school is the designated neighborhood school as to the true and permanent place of residence of the students custodial parent or legal guardian. Documentary proof is required. Further details of the residential criteria are included in The University High School Application form.
- Siblings of current students who will continue as students at the University High School in 2018. Places will be offered based on availability and proximity of permanent residence to the school and other personal and curriculum needs.
- Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds.
The Enrolment Committee may wish to interview applicants, seek reference statements from the current school and/or read the reports from the school currently attending.
Availability of the full Enrolment Policies and ProceduresApplication procedures for the Acceleration Program in 2018
This is a special program for gifted and talented students. Admission to this program is at year 7 level only and the selection process involves a series of tests and an interview. Applications will be posted asap for the Test date of 13/05/2017. Please register via the link on our website and go to the Acceleration Program section of our webpage for timeline and general information.